Established in 2014, Gratomic is an advanced materials company focused on mine to market commercialization of carbon-neutral, high purity vein graphite. The Company is focused on producing low-cost, Eco-friendly graphite and is set to become a key player in EV and Renewable Resource supply chains. The Company anticipates full operational capabilities in late 2020 and aims to transition to an open pit mine as early as 2021, after the 23,000 tonnes of historic stockpile on site has been processed. Gratomic Inc. is a leader among its peers, promising to deliver mine-to-market traceability and guaranteed quality control by providing documented tracking of carbon levels beginning at its Aukam Project and verified at every stage of transport.
Gratomic Inc. is a dynamic exploration and materials company with countless possibilities in future technological advancements and applications.
The Company has been successful in upscaling its naturally pure vein graphite to a battery grade level of 99.9% Cg through the addition of air classification.
Aukam Graphite is the lump-vein variety and is directly comparable to that found in Sri Lanka. However, it is much more accessible because it exists in an open desert area. This is additionally beneficial because there is no potential for damage to local flora and fauna. The site is free of delirious elements, which allows for a much cleaner and more efficient processing of the mineral, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
Gratomic’s Aukam Graphite Project is located in Namibia, Africa, which shares the Northern border with South Africa. Namibia gained its independence in 1990 and has established a very stable economic and political environment. In fact, Namibia is one of the most desirable mining jurisdictions in the world!
PROJECTS & PARTNERS
Gratomic is focused on high quality, natural graphite deposits in desirable jurisdictions with well-developed infrastructure. We currently possess a graphite project in Quebec, Canada and our flagship Aukam project in Namibia, which covers a historical mine and is the more advanced of the two. Our graphene partner, Perpetuus Carbon Technologies Ltd., is located in Swansea, Wales.
The Aukam Graphite Project is located in southern Namibia close to the port city of Luderitz. The property hosts five underground adits which were mined periodically between 1940 and 1974.
The Buckingham property is located within the Central Metasedimentary Belt of the Grenville Geologic Province.
Perpetuus Advanced Materials is an advanced material manufacturer primarily focused on surface engineered carbon structures such as graphenes.
Rare graphite mine
- Gratomic currently owns 63% of the Aukam Graphite Project in Southern Namibia and recieved its official Mining Licence (ML 215) on May 5, 2020
- This unique asset is poised to replace a large part of declining production capacity of vein graphite from Sri Lanka
- Aukam graphite has been tested in several high value applications including nano-engineered graphenes and is ideal for use in battery applications due to it’s natrually high purity levels and low processing requirements
- The Company benefits from substantail cost advantages due to the reduced processing required to bring the mineral to its desired grade, which averages 98% Cg. This is easily scaled up to 99.9% Cg through the addtion of air classification.
- Gratomic boasts a world class Executive Leadership team whose vision is matched with dedication, experience, and a passion to bring a cleaner product to the graphite market.
TODAQ Supply Agreement
- Gratomic Inc. and TODAQ Holdings Inc. have a signed agreement using Aukam mined graphite as a backstop to underpin the value of deployed TDN
- TODA Notes (“TDN”) are payable to Gratomic on a per tonne base of graphite to sit in reserve on the Aukam property