Gratomic is an advanced materials company focused on low-cost mine to market commercialization of carbon-neutral, Eco-friendly, high purity vein graphite and is set to become a key player in EV and Renewable Resource supply chains. Gratomic Inc. is a leader among peers, anticipating full operational capabilities in early 2021 and aims to transition to an open pit operation in late 2021. The Company is in the process of solidifying its development plans for micronization and spheronization of its clean Aukam graphite. This significant milestone is a small, additional step in the Company’s existing Eco-friendly processing cycle , which will allow its naturally high-purity graphite to meet ideal North American battery grade standards for use in Li-ion battery anodes.
Gratomic Inc. is a dynamic exploration and mining company focused on low-cost mine to market carbon-neutral, eco-friendly, naturally high grade vein graphite. Soon to be the largest vein graphite producer on the planet, Gratomic has set its sights on becoming a key player the EV and Energy Storage supply chains. The Company has been successful in upscaling its naturally pure vein graphite to a battery grade level of 99% + Cg through the addition of air classification. Gratomic is weeks away from commissioning its onsite Aukam Vein Graphite Processing Plant. From there, the Junior Miner will move into full operational capabilities with plans in place to transition its Namibian project to an open pit operation in Q4 of 2021.
Aukam Graphite is of the lump-vein variety and is directly comparable to that found in Sri Lanka. However, it is much more accessible because it exists in an open desert area. This is additionally beneficial because there is no potential for damage to local flora and fauna. The site is free of deleterious elements, which allows for easier and more efficient processing of the mineral, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
Gratomic’s Aukam Graphite Project is located in Namibia, Africa, which shares the Northern border with South Africa. Namibia gained its independence in 1990 and has established a very stable economic and political environment. In fact, Namibia is one of the most desirable mining jurisdictions in the world!
The Junior Mining Company is in the process of solidifying its plans for micronization and spheronization of its clean Aukam graphite. This significant milestone is a small, additional step in the Company’s eco-friendly processing cycle and is intended to allow it to meet battery grade standards for use in Li-ion battery anodes.
Plans are already in place to deliver mine-to-market traceability and guaranteed quality control. This will be accomplished by providing documented tracking on all graphite generated at its flagship Aukam Graphite Project. The tracking will begin at Aukam and will be verified at various stages during transport.
PROJECTS & PARTNERS
Gratomic is focused on high quality, natural graphite deposits in desirable jurisdictions with well-developed infrastructure. We currently possess our flagship Aukam project in Namibia, which covers a historical mine and a second graphite project in Quebec, Canada. Our graphene partner, Perpetuus Carbon Technologies Ltd., is located in Swansea, Wales.
The Aukam Graphite Project is located in southern Namibia close to the port city of Luderitz. The property hosts five underground adits which were mined periodically between 1940 and 1974.
The Buckingham property is located within the Central Metasedimentary Belt of the Grenville Geologic Province.
Perpetuus Advanced Materials is an advanced material manufacturer primarily focused on surface engineered carbon structures such as graphenes.
Rare graphite mine
- Gratomic currently owns 100% controlling interest in its Aukam Graphite Project in Southern Namibia and recieved its official Mining Licence (ML 215) on March 24th, 2020
- This unique asset is poised to replace a large part of declining production capacity of vein graphite from Sri Lanka
- Aukam graphite has been tested in several high value applications including nano-engineered graphenes and is ideal for use in battery applications due to it’s natrually high purity levels and low processing requirements
- The Company benefits from substantial cost advantages due to the reduced processing required to bring the mineral to its desired grade, which averages 98% Cg. This is easily scaled up to 99.9% Cg through the addtion of air classification.
- Gratomic boasts a world class Executive Leadership team whose vision is matched with dedication, experience, and a passion to bring a cleaner product to the graphite market.
TODAQ Supply Agreement
- Gratomic Inc. and TODAQ Holdings Inc. have a signed agreement using Aukam mined graphite as a backstop to underpin the value of deployed TDN
- TODA Notes (“TDN”) are payable to Gratomic on a per tonne base of graphite to sit in reserve on the Aukam property